Thursday, November 17, 2011

A Little Birdy Told Me...

Not a review, but I do have something good in the works so watch this space!  I do have two announcements for those in and around Salt Lake County (one applies to the interwebs, so maybe that caveat isn't as hard-and-fast).  Both apply to the library and as I work for the Salt Lake County Library, I feel like I ought to support the home team :)

Two things -

1 - This is for today only - If you've read a bunch of really good books and you don't know what to read next, if you post a comment listing a few of those titles on the Salt Lake County Library's Facebook page, one of their librarians will give you some personalized suggestions of something you might enjoy based on what you give them.  This is just like their personalized reading lists that they do via email, but much quicker.

2 - In one of the comments of said personalized recommendation campaign, one of the librarians let slip that Ally Condie will be speaking at the Holladay Library on March 23, 2012!  Remember Ally?  Author of Matched and Crossed? (which I will be reviewing soon)  Super-awesome books and (I hear) a really super-awesome person?  I'm sure more details will arise as the date comes closer, but I for one am stoked!  The calendar is cleared of any and all conflicts (and before you even say it - I can hit The Hunger Games midnight showing and go see Ally Condie in the evening.  It's a dystopian awesomeness all-day affair!)

No comments:

Post a Comment